Secure Technology is Crucial in the Healthcare Industry
The world has moved into the digital era and the healthcare industry is no different. Keep reading to learn more about the importance of technology and security in the healthcare industry.
Why is technology so important in the healthcare industry?
The healthcare industry has moved into the digital era for many reasons. First and foremost, technology is able to improve patient care and coordination amongst physicians and medical facilities. With Electronic Medical Records, information is right at the fingertips of those administering care, which is crucial. However, as valuable as technology is in the healthcare industry, it is essential that all data and information is kept secure.
What technology does Datafied use to secure information?
Datafied is keenly aware of the need to keep information and data secure. That is why our Datafied vault and other proprietary software utilizes the following:
- Data is backed up and stored in our HIPAA compliant Datafied Vault
- Data is protected by 128-bit Secure Socket Layer
- Access controls are present on all software and databases to ensure that only authorized users can gain access
- All systems, software, and databases are regularly monitored and updated to ensure that data is fully protected
- Systems are monitored and can be shut down remotely in order to prevent breaches
What processes does Datafied have in place to keep data and information secure?
At Datafied, we know the importance of having a plan and protocols in place to ensure that your data and information remains safe and secure. That is why we have the following in place at our data centers:
- Our data systems are managed and secured in SAS70 Type II data center
- Only authorized personnel have credentials to access data centers via secure, keyless entry systems
- Data systems and centers are routinely monitored and updated to ensure the highest level of security
- Discarded data in all formats is shredded on-site according to HIPAA guidelines
- All employees are trained and regularly refreshed on HIPAA policies and bylaws
- On-site manager monitors all employee and facility activity to ensure HIPAA compliance
- Data Breach Crisis Plan in place to handle any attacks on the network
Want to learn more about the security and benefits of utilizing our technology solutions? Contact Datafied today!
If you are interested in learning more about the technology solutions offered by Datafied, we are happy to chat! For over 27 years, we have been a leader in the document management industry and have helped countless practices and facilities boost the security of their data and take their operations in the digital age. You can always trust that your data and information is safe with Datafied. Give us a call today at 800-765-7510 to learn more about our services or discuss how to best implement our technology solutions in your facility.
To learn more about the reliable and quality document retrieval and management services that we offer, visit us on the web at Datafied.