Why is patient outreach important?
Patient outreach is important because it can help improve patient outcomes. Examples of patient outreach efforts and their positive impact on patient outcomes include:
- Issuing appointment reminders to encourage patients to schedule routine or medical appointments
- Issuing patient satisfaction surveys to determine ways you can improve care
- Telephone follow-ups after surgeries or hospital stays to prevent readmissions
- Sending text message reminders to improve patient compliance with doctor’s orders about medications, follow up appointments, or other actions
- Answering services to reduce patient wait times on the phone
- Remote monitoring activities to ensure patient compliance with instructions
The examples above show why patient outreach is so important and how it can boost patient outcomes and health.